Many physicians, hospitals and health regions have undertaken initiatives aimed at reducing wait times for their patients. Our health care system improves when we share both these successes and the lessons we have learned along the way.
Do you know of a program that has improved access for patients in your practice/hospital/health region? Let us know!
- Article: “Patient participation improves surgical wait times in Saskatchewan” (Canadian Healthcare Technology, pg. 10-11)
- Canadian Heart Health Strategy and Action Plan
- Example of a Regional Cardiovascular Initiative: Ontario South East Local Health Integration Network
- Improved Wait Times for Coronary Revascularization: Cause to Celebrate Spotting the Iceberg in Time or Time to Look under the Surface (Canadian Journal of Cardiology)
- Canadian Association of Gastroenterology consensus guidelines on safety and quality indicators in endoscopy
- Quality in Gastroenterology (Canadian Association of Gastroenterology)
- Skills Enhancement for Endoscopy (SEE) Program (Canadian Association of Gastroenterology)
- Canadian Paediatric Surgical Wait Times Project
- Waiting for children’s surgery in Canada: the Canadian Paediatric Surgical Wait Times project (Canadian Medical Association Journal)
- The CAR Experience in Increasing Appropriateness in Imaging through Computerized Clinical Decision Support